What can physiotherapy treat?
Is physiotherapy the right treatment for you?
I think sometimes it can be a little bit of a grey area, where people are unsure when to see a physiotherapist, and what physiotherapists actually do.
There are different types of physiotherapists, but lets talk about musculoskeletal (relating to muscle and/or bone) physiotherapy, because that is what we do here at Function360 in Moorgate, London.
If you’ve got a physical ache or pain, if you are struggling to move the way you want to, if you suffer from bad posture or even headaches, the chances are that physiotherapy can help you. I know what you’re thinking… but HOW?
Well, we firmly believe that one of the most important parts of the process is the diagnosis. It is really important to gather a clear understanding of WHY you are in pain, and WHAT is causing it. At Function360 we assess everybody individually and consider lifestyle, jobs, hobbies and sport in order to identify the cause of your injury. This way we can ensure that you are receiving the correct treatment from the most suited practitioner.
Once we have a clear diagnosis and we have identified what is causing your pain, we can put together a sound treatment plan. We use a combination of manual therapy (hands on) alongside rehabilitation (exercise and corrective movement) to ensure that we do not just mask your symptoms, but we actually CURE the cause of your symptoms too. This will ensure that your injury or pain will not relapse once you return to doing the things you love.
Here is a list of what physiotherapy can treat:
- Work related pain and injury
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injury
- Acute pain of the main joints: shoulder, elbow, hip, knee
- Acute pain of the foot and ankle
- Acute pain of the hand and wrist
- Pregnancy pain, injuries and preparation
- Children and adolescent pain and injury
- Chronic pain and injury
Here is a list of what our therapists at Function360 specialise in:
- Injury screening and risk assessment for non-athletes/professional athletes
- Injury and re-injury prevention
- Injury diagnosis, management, treatment and rehabilitation
- Gait Analysis – Click here for more info
- Postural correction, education and advice
- Ergonomic (office/desk) assessment and set-up
- Sports technique development
- Performance development and optimisation
- Pre- and post- injury management and rehabilitation
If you are looking for Physiotherapy treatment in London we invite you to meet the team at Function360, and contact us if you have any questions. Alternatively if you would like to discuss your condition before booking in to see one of our specialists at our physiotherapy clinic in Moorgate, London. We are more than happy to have a chat with you and to help you pick the specialist who best fits your needs.