At Function360 we offer tailored physiotherapy for those suffering with injury or pain, and for those wanting to prevent injury completely. We work both with injuries suffered by the sedentary all the way through to the professional athlete, and we specialise in injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
We at Function360 use an approach to diagnosis and treatment that is different to other practices. We use a combination of manual therapy (hands on) alongside rehabilitation (exercise and corrective movement) to ensure that we do not just mask your symptoms, but we actually CURE the cause of your symptoms too. This will ensure that your injury or pain will not relapse once you return to doing the things you love.
Our physiotherapists are specialised in:
- Injury screening and risk assessment for non-athletes/professional athletes
- Injury and re-injury prevention
- Injury diagnosis, management, treatment and rehabilitation
- Gait Analysis
- Postural correction, education and advice
- Work related pain and injury
- Ergonomic (office/desk) assessment and set-up
- Sports technique development
- Performance development and optimisation
- Pre- and post- injury management and rehabilitation
- Pregnancy pain, injuries and preparation
- Children and adolescent pain and injury
- Chronic pain and injury
REHABILITATION AND CORRECTIVE EXERCISE
Our goal isn’t to help you recover from your injury temporarily. We firmly believe in the importance of guiding you through the full process of recovery, to ensure that you will not relapse.
We use a combination of manual therapy with rehabilitation and corrective exercise where needed, to improve movement patterns, achieve muscle balance and prevent relapse. Each movement and/or exercise you carry out will be fully explained to you so that you can apply what you learn to your day to day life, improving performance each and every day, and preventing injury and pain in the future.
Meet Harvey, our corrective exercise specialist.
GAIT ANALYSIS AND INSOLE MANUFACTURING
Whether you are a runner or not, we recommend that you have your gait analysis carried out in order to identify any movement patterns that may be causing injury or predisposing you to future injury.
Injury is not solely caused my trauma. Simply walking with asymmetry could cause both pain and injury.
Our gait analysis will pick up on your risk of injury, or the cause of you current injury, and provide information that will guide us in optimising your recovery and reducing risk of re-injury.
What your gait analysis could involve:
- A full and thorough analysis of your standing, walking and/or jogging AND any relevant sport specific movement.
- Muscle balance testing – why are you weight bearing the way you are, and is there anything that our rehabilitation specialists can help you with?
- Postural assessment.
- Discussion of results and a full detailed report of the analysis.
- Recommendations on what you can do to improve and how WE will help you further.
- The option for prescription and manufacturing of fully customised and highly durable insoles, if and when necessary. The insoles we have manufactured are of the best quality, and therefore will last up to 10 years.
We use tailored sports massage in combination with physiotherapy and rehabilitation to ensure you are getting an all round approach, to fully recover from your injury.
Tailored sports massage is not only used for injury recovery, but also injury prevention for both the sedentary and the active individual.
Whether you are in pain or you just need to relax, whether you feel you need a good stretch or you just want to nod off after a long day, our sports massage therapists are highly qualified and experienced and they are exceptional at targeting your specific needs.
Personal training is great for anybody who would like to improve general health and fitness, improve aesthetics and optimise quality of life. We have seen countless patients further develop their performance through personal training as a progression from physiotherapy, rehabilitation and corrective exercise. We believe that the correct combination of treatment, rehabilitation and a structured strength and conditioning program tailored to your individual goals will optimise your performance and physical well being.
Our aim is to work together to coordinate your physiotherapy and/or rehabilitation with your training program in order to optimise your functional progress and performance.
Meet Ben, our strength and conditioning specialist.