Sports Therapy is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. This is exactly why it fits in so nicely with the other services we offer, and the type of clientele we work with, at Function360.
It utilises the principles of sport and exercise, incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant for training, competition and where applicable, work.
Our sports therapists have the knowledge and skills to:
- Aid to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Provide the immediate care of injuries from recreational, training & competitive environment.
- Assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage and manual therapies to athletes and more sedentary individuals.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.